Norsk Hydro Gets OK to Use West Venture for Troll Production Wells
The Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority has granted Norsk Hydro consent to use the West Venture semisub for production drilling on Troll. The activity will continue until September 2007.
The activity includes drilling and completion of production wells as well as maintenance of wells on Troll Olje. The consent is an extension of the consent granted in October 2003.
The West Venture is a semisubmersible operated by Smedvig. The rig is equipped with a dual derrick.
For the last few years, West Venture has drilled for Hydro on the Troll field. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance in January 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Smedvig ASA more info
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Endeavour Enters $40 Million Strategic Investment with Smedvig (Dec 26)
- Smedvig is History, from Today It's Seadrill (Jun 01)