Norsk Hydro Participates in 6th Danish Licensing Round
Norks Hydro delivered an application together with Wintershall for offshore exploration areas made available during the sixth concession round in the Danish sector of the North Sea.
The deadline for exploration applications in this concession round was November 1st. The areas made available by Danish authorities in this concession round are in the North Sea, west of Denmark.
Most of the acreages opened lie in the Central Graven area, where most of Denmark's existing oil and gas fields are found, as well as an area closer to to the coastline.
"The exploration milieu in Hydro has worked with Wintershall to develop an extensive application in the Danish Central Graven, south of the (Norwegian) Ekofisk area," says Tove Stuhr Sjøblom, Hydro's exploration manager for the North Sea.
"Work on this Danish concession round follows up our previous exploration success on the commercial Hejre find, and the non-commercial Stork find. But we're also applying for other exploration areas in Central Graven," Sjøblom says.
Hydro is evaluating different development solutions for Hejre together with operator ConocoPhillips. Hydro holds a 25 percent stake in the field.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)