Transocean Wins Contracts for Discoverer Spirit and Deepwater Millennium
Transocean Inc. reports that Anadarko Petroleum has awarded three-year contracts valued at an estimated $985 million in combined revenues for the company's High-Specification drillships Discoverer Spirit and Deepwater Millennium.
The Discoverer Spirit and Deepwater Millennium contracts are expected to commence in June 2007, immediately following the conclusion of current contract commitments with Shell and Anadarko, respectively, in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Revenues of approximately $520 million could be generated over the three-year contract for the Discoverer Spirit, while revenues from the Deepwater Millennium three-year contract could total approximately $465 million.
The Fifth-Generation, dynamically positioned drillships Discoverer
Spirit and Deepwater Millennium are two of 32 High-Specification rigs
in the Transocean Inc. fleet, 13 of which are Fifth-Generation
Deepwater Floaters. Both units are capable of operating in water
depths of up to 10,000 feet. The Discoverer Spirit entered service in
2000 following its construction in El Ferrol, Spain and Corpus
Christi, Texas, while the Deepwater Millennium commenced operations in
1999 following the rig's construction in Ulsan, Korea.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World's Harshest Environments (Feb 21)
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)