FMC Tapped for Woodside's Angel Project Offshore Western Australia
FMC Technologies has signed a contract with Woodside Energy Ltd. to supply subsea systems for the planned Angel development project on the North West Shelf, in the north-west of Western Australia.
FMC Technologies' scope of supply includes subsea trees, production controls and associated equipment. The Angel development area lies approximately 80 miles (130 kilometers) offshore on Australia's North West Shelf. The water depth in the area is approximately 262 feet (80 meters).
This contract is within the scope of the existing, preferred supplier agreement for subsea systems signed in 2003 between FMC Technologies and Woodside Energy.
"This is the fourth project for which we are providing subsea systems under our preferred supplier agreement with Woodside Energy," said Peter D. Kinnear, Executive Vice President – FMC Technologies. "We are pleased that Woodside Energy has again chosen us to supply innovative technology solutions for their subsea projects. We believe that our existing, preferred supplier agreement with Woodside has worked to the benefit of both parties."
The planned Angel development project is part of the North West Shelf (NWS) Venture. The six equal participants in the NWS project are BHP Billiton (North West Shelf) Pty. Ltd., BP Developments Australia Pty. Ltd., Chevron Australia Pty. Ltd., Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty. Ltd., Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd and Woodside Energy Ltd (operator) CNOOC NWS Private Limited is also a member of the North West Shelf Venture but does not have an interest in North West Shelf Venture infrastructure.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Japan Australia more info
- Australia's Browse FLNG JV Decides Not to Proceed with Development (Mar 23)
- NWS JV to Develop $2B Greater Western Flank Phase 2 Project Off Australia (Dec 11)
- NWS JV to Develop $1B Persephone Project Off Northwest Australia (Nov 27)