NPD Gives OK to Eni to Drill 7122/7-3 Well in the Barents Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Eni Norge AS drilling permission for well path 7122/7-3 per Section 8 of the Resource Regulations.
The well, 7122/7-3, will be drilled from the Eirik Raude.
The drilling permit concerns the drilling of one exploration well in Production License 229. Det Norske Oljeselskap (15%) and Statoil ASA (20%) are partners. The permit encompasses Blocks 7122/7, 7122/8, the northern half of Blocks 7122/9 and 7123/7, plus a small area in the north of Block 7122/10.
Production License 229 was awarded in connection with the Barents Sea project May 30, 1997. Two wells have been drilled previously in the Production License. Exploration well 7122/7-1, which was drilled in 2000, proved the Goliat discovery. Appraisal well 7122/7-2 was drilled in 2001.
Both wells tested closures in the Jurassic and Upper Triassic levels, and oil was found in both wells.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 14 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)