Aker Kvaerner to Provide Drilling System for PetroMena's Newbuild Semisub
Jurong Shipyard in Singapore has awarded Aker Kvaerner MH, a company in the Aker Kvaerner group, the contract for delivery of advanced deepwater drilling system for one semisubmersible drilling rig to PetroMena AS. The contract value is approximately US $100 million.
The award is based on an option included in a contract Aker Kvaerner MH signed with Jurong Shipyard beginning of October this year.
"This contract award from Jurong Shipyard confirms our strong position in the deep water drilling market and fits well into our execution schedule going forward" says Roald Amundsen, President of Aker Kvaerner MH.
The drilling package will be identical to the advanced drilling systems to be delivered for two semi submersible drilling rigs designed for ultra-deepwater operations to Seatankers Management Co Ltd in 2008.
The scope of work for Aker Kvaerner MH is to deliver one complete drilling package consisting of engineering, equipment deliveries, and commissioning services, in addition to delivering of 3rd party equipment such as blow-out preventers (BOP) and marine riser systems.
The deepwater drilling rig is scheduled to be delivered Q1/2010 at the latest.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: PetroMena more info
- Jurong Shipyard Exercises Right to Sell Petrorig I (Apr 29)
- PetroMena Denies Default on PetroRigs I & III (Apr 06)
- Seadrill Snaps Up Stake in Petromena's Bond Loan for 2 Deepwater Rigs (Mar 30)