Small Quantities of Gas Encountered at Tevet-2 Offshore Mauritania
In the PSC Area B offshore Mauritania, the Stena Tay is performing wireline logging operations of the Cretaceous exploration objective of the Tevét-2 sidetrack (ST1).
A preliminary evaluation of wireline log data, including fluid sampling and downhole pressure measurements, has established that the exploration well intersected a gross oil interval of approximately 8 meters in good quality sandstones.
While the hydrocarbon column is small and may not prove to be material, the result is encouraging for future Cretaceous exploration targets in Woodside-operated Mauritanian acreage.
Once logging is completed the well will be plugged and abandoned as planned and the Stena Tay will move to the Labeidna-1 well location.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)