DNO and Talisman Swap Interests Offshore Norway
DNO has entered into an Exchange Agreement with respect to an undivided 35% interest in PL143CS to be acquired from Talisman Energy Norge AS in exchange of a 10% working interest in PL265.
PL 143CS contains the Hummer Prospect, and a well on this prospect is planned to be drilled with the Maersk Giant, with estimated spud date early December 2005.
The transaction is subject to approval by the Norwegian authorities.
The other J/V Partners in PL 143CS are Paladin Resources as operator with a 45% stake and BG with a 20% stake.
Helge Eide, DNO's Managing Director comments: "This transaction is in line with the company's continuous portfolio management and optimization. We are particularly pleased with the opportunity to participate in drilling at this promising NCS prospect already this year."
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)