Repsol YPF Processing Seismic Data from Block 30 Offshore Suriname
The seismic data collected by Staatsolie and Maersk Oil during the end of last year and the beginning of this year is now being processed. Repsol YPF has processed all the data collected and is now preparing a 3D seismic evaluation of offshore block 30. This evaluation shall begin during the fourth quarter of this year and will enable parties to more easily drill an offshore exploratory well.
Repsol YPF, Noble Energy and Occidental will finance the cost of the intended seismic evaluation, more than US$ 15 million. These companies have recently formed a consortium, which is responsible for the further exploration of and eventual development in this block. Repsol YPF remains the operator responsible for the daily operations. Staatsolie and Repsol YPF closed a production sharing agreement for block 30 last year.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Staatsolie more info
- Spain's CEPSA Takes 25% Share in Suriname Offshore Block (Dec 12)
- Kosmos Acquires Stake Offshore Suriname (Dec 14)
- Staatsolie to Drill in Commewijne Block Onshore Suriname (Jul 28)