Tap Oil Says Richmond-1 in New Zealand Non-Commercial
Tap Oil says the Richmond-1 exploration well located in PEP 38745 in the Taranaki Basin, onshore North Island, New Zealand reached the planned total depth of 2,140m. Wireline logs have been run identifying well developed sandstones at the Mt Messenger and Moki levels, however no economic hydrocarbons were encountered.
The Richmond-1 well came in close to prognosis and elevated gas at the primary target horizon was noted. It is likely that the trap was breached. The well will be plugged and abandoned.
PEP 38745 Joint Venture participants are Tap Oil with 33.333%; Bridge Petroleum with 33.334% and Tag Oil with 33.333%.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: TAG Oil Ltd. more info
- TAG Oil Gets Approval to Take 70% Operating Stake in NZ's PEP51153 (Jun 06)
- NZ-Focused TAG Oil Cuts Capex for Rest of FY16 Due to Low Oil Prices (Oct 15)
- TAG Prepares for NZ's Cheal East Field Development with New Pipeline Link (May 27)
Company: Bridge Petroleum Ltd. more info
- Greymouth Acquires Controlling Stake in Bridge Petroleum (Jun 27)
- Westech to Redrill East Coast Kauhauroa Gas Discovery Structure (Mar 14)
- TAG Oil Spuds Sidetrack from Radnor-1 (Jul 25)