Eni and Gazprom Ink Upstream Deal
A meeting between the heads of Eni and Gazprom took place in Moscow attended by Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni, the COO E&P Division Stefano Cao, the COO G&P Division Luciano Sgubini, Gazprom Chairman Alexey Miller and Head of Foreign Relations S. Tsygankov. The meeting was to evaluate new opportunities for co-operation and development in the oil & gas sector, especially bearing in mind the strengthening achieved by Gazprom in the upstream with its Sibneft acquisition.
During the meeting Eni and Gazprom agreed to promote new deals in activities of hydrocarbon exploration in Russia, commercialization of oil products outside Russia and commercialization of gas in Europe.
Taking into account the agreements of today, the top managers of the two companies have decided to consider the deal signed on the 10 May 2005 outdated and to proceed with the definition of a new and wider deal, which will be submitted in due course, whether necessary, to the authorizations of the Antitrust Authorities.
The top managers of the two companies have agreed to meet again by the end of October to fix the overall outlook of the new co-operation considering the deals reached today.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)