The Peak Group Wins Its First Contract from KNOC
The Peak Group has secured its first contract with the Korea National Oil Corp (KNOC) for an exploration well offshore Benin, West Africa.
Deploying the Noble Don Walker jackup, Peak will drill the well in a water depth of approximately 21 meters in Block 2 about 15 nautical miles offshore.
Peak will deliver a complete well project management service. This will include detailed well and test design, tendering and contracting for all services, execution of the drilling program including materials and logistics, project completion and operations wrap-up.
The well is expected to spud in late October and has an expected duration of over 30 days. The well marks the first project for both Peak and KNOC in Benin.
Bob Lyons, managing director of Peak Well Management, the well management division of The Peak Group, said: "We see great value in working with national oil companies, and the addition of KNOC to our client portfolio is a major fillip for us.
"We have already been able to demonstrate our flexibility and innovative thinking to KNOC. We were initially asked by the company to provide a turnkey fixed price program, but we suggested an incentivized well management system as the most appropriate way forward, and KNOC agreed with us.
"We would hope that this contract would lead to others with KNOC which, like the Peak Group, has a strong international presence."
KNOC general manager Dr. Kook-sun Shin said: "We have been very satisfied with Peak¹s performance so far and look forward to a successful completion of the contract."
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Korea National Oil Corp. more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- KNOC Contracts Land Rig 'KS Discoverer 1' for Drilling in Kurdistan (Mar 18)
- KNOC Seeking to Invest in US Shale Gas (Jul 11)
- DSME Secures Rig Order for Kazakh Oil Search (Apr 16)
Company: Peak Group more info
- Awilco Nabs LOI for Drilling Program Offshore Indonesia (Aug 05)
- New Deals Boost Duffy and McGovern in SE Asia, Australia (Apr 17)
- Arrow to Supply Liquegas with Coal Seam Gas from Daandine (Apr 11)