PSA Gives Go Ahead to Hydro to Use the Bideford Dolphin at Vilje
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted Norsk Hydro consent for use of the Bideford Dolphin for production drilling on the Vilje field.
The Vilje field is located in the North Sea, north of the Heimdal field. The licensees in the production license are Norsk Hydro Produksjon a.s (operator), Marathon Petroleum Norge AS and Total E&P Norge AS.
On March 18, 2005, the Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) of Vilje was approved by the King in Council. The field will be developed with two seabed structures which will be connected to the production facility (production ship) on the Alvheim field, approximately 19 kilometers southwest of Vilje.
Oil and associated gas will be transported in a pipeline, 19 kilometers southwest to the production ship at Alvheim for further processing and transport.
The consent includes drilling of two top holes and a pilot well. Start-up is expected in December 2005. The duration of the activities is expected to be 65 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)