ExxonMobil Submits PDO for Ringhorne Ost
ExxonMobil has submitted a Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) for Ringhorne Øst.
The oil deposit Ringhorne Øst is located in Block 25/8 in the North Sea, near the Balder field. The operating company ExxonMobil estimates in the PDO that recoverable volumes amount to 7.5 million standard cubic meters of oil equivalents (Sm3 o.e.).
The total development costs have been estimated to around one billion NOK.
According to the development plans, the deposit will be developed with production wells drilled from Ringhorne. The oil will be processed on Ringhorne and Balder.
The government intends to process the development plan for Ringhorne Øst before the end of 2005, according to a statement from the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.
Ringhorne Øst is located in Production Licenses 169 and 027.
The operator for the development is ExxonMobil E&P Norway.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)