Ferguson Modular Labs in Demand
Ferguson Modular has seen a further increase in demand for its high quality Offshore Laboratory Units with new orders valued at approximately £310,000 from the Expro Group and ConocoPhillips.
The order for the Expro Group's Africa / Asia division follows the successful delivery of three Atex certified A60 zone II modules in August which were manufactured at Inverurie adopting the Ferguson 'customised standardisation' approach. This means that modules are built to a standard Ferguson design but customised internally to the client's exact requirements. This new contract takes the total number of labs delivered to five, supporting Expro's surface testing packages and overall operations in Africa.
The second important contract is a combined laboratory and workshop for a bridge-linked platform in the North Sea.
Mike McKay, Divisional Manager of Manufacturing said "Ferguson has been providing specialist laboratories and associated workspace modules to the oil and gas industry for many years and we are delighted to have secured these two important contracts.
"This module is being designed with two separate internal sections, one configured as a high specification lab with fume cupboard and advance air conditioning system, the other as a workshop."
Mike adds "Ferguson Modules are designed and manufactured to not only meet all HSE regulations but exceed them, we recognise the need to offer exceptional standards of comfort and safety for offshore personnel, we want to play our part in making the prospect of a career offshore as attractive as possible to those considering entering the industry with regards to their working environments. This was recently highlighted during Offshore Europe 2005 when a large number of clients came to view the modules at our open week where we received an excellent reaction from visitors who were suitably impressed with the features and standards of our units."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Expro International Group more info
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)
Company: Ferguson Modular more info
- Ferguson Modular Invests in New Modules for Norwegian Fleet (Oct 18)
- Ferguson Modular Appoints New Business Development Manager (Jun 22)
- Ferguson Modular Awards Outfitting Contracts for Support Vessel (Mar 23)