ARC Energy Says Bartsia 1 Well a Duster
ARC Energy reports that the exploration well Bartsia 1, located in the onshore Perth Basin Production Licence L2, was completing wireline logging. The well has reached a total measured depth of 2,510 meters and wireline logging undertaken. No hydrocarbon shows were noted while drilling the reservoir section which was similar to the condensed reservoir section encountered in the crestal wells of the nearby Dongara Field, and wireline logging has confirmed the absence of hydrocarbons.
ARC has recommended to the joint venture that the well now be plugged back and sidetracked to test the adjacent Kunzia prospect. This operation is expected to take approximately five days.
Participants in L1 and L2 (excluding the Dongara, Mondarra and Yardarino fields) and Bartsia 1 are ARC Energy as operator with 50% and Origin Energy with the remaining 50%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)