Expro North Sea Wins Major Contract from Petro-Canada
Expro North Sea Limited has been awarded a major three-year contract (with additional two one-year options) for the supply of offshore production and maintenance personnel and expertise to Petro-Canada Netherlands BV.
The work will be managed and implemented by Expro staff based in Den Helder in the Netherlands who currently provide production personnel on Petro-Canada's Hanze platform. However, Petro-Canada was recently required to re-tender the contract in light of a significant increase in the scope and value of the work as a result of the De Ruyter development coming onstream in the second half of 2006.
In undertaking this contract, Expro will be working in partnership with UTS Energy who will provide maintenance personnel.
Commenting on the contract award, Nigel Avern, Business Manager for Expro Continental Europe, said: "Expro's retention of work on Hanze and now the significant extension of our workscope is a clear indicator of Petro-Canada's confidence in the Group. Working on Hanze has been a major success for all parties so we are in little doubt that this relationship creates a solid platform for successful operations onboard De Ruyter."
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)