XPD8 Solutions Wins Caspian Work from BP
XPD8 Solutions has secured its third international contract 18 months after setting up in business. The six-month contract in Baku is worth almost £200,000 with BP Caspian Sea Ltd.
XPD8 carried out an effective and efficient pilot study on one of BP Caspian Sea Ltd's Early Operation Production (EOP) critical production systems in 2004. It has subsequently been tasked with reviewing the remaining systems to optimise the existing maintenance management strategy to align the overall business objectives and the changing operating context of the production facilities.
XPD8 will carry out some of the work remotely from Aberdeen; however, a majority of the implementation programme will be undertaken in Baku by an integrated team of BP Caspian Sea Ltd employees and XPD8 maintenance engineering staff that has the knowledge and experience to deliver a programme of this importance.
Mark Cavanagh, director of XPD8, said: "Myself and two colleagues delivered the maintenance build when the facilities were commissioned in 1999 - 2000 so it is particularly pleasing to be involved in this continuous improvement review.
"Our team has a wealth of experience in delivering projects of this nature on time and we are looking forward to working with BP Caspian Sea Ltd in successful delivery of the project."
XPD8's maintenance continuous improvement review is designed to optimise maintenance activity without jeopardizing safety, technical integrity and production capability by ensuring:
· Technical integrity of facilities is being maintained to the relevant legislative and corporate standards.
· Maintenance activities are being scheduled and implemented in a cost effective way.
· Equipment reliability and availability targets are being delivered to meet the designed overall plant production capability.
XPD8 currently employs 22 members of staff and has an order book value of £1.9 million.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: XPD8 Solutions more info
- XPD8 Secures $3.73M Contracts for Work in Malaysia, North Sea (Aug 20)
- XPD8 Clinches Work, Expands Workforce (Mar 29)
- Key BP Contract for XPD8 Solutions (Dec 20)