Nippon Oil Acquires Two Blocks in Libya Bid Round 2
Nippon Oil, Japan Petroleum Exploration and Mitsubishi Corporation have jointly been awarded interests in two exploration blocks (Block 2-1/2 and Block 40-3/4). The Bid Round 2 for an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) was hosted by the National Oil Corporation of the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya in Tripoli.
Promising oil and gas prospects remain unexplored or undeveloped in Libya. As a part of its long-held aspirations, NOEX has been seeking opportunities to enter into Libya to expand its upstream business. Accordingly, NOEX opened its liaison office in Tripoli in September 2005 to facilitate its expansion.
For bidding in this licensing round, NOEX organized various consortiums with JAPEX and Mitsubishi Corporation, which was the first entry into upstream Oil & Gas Operations in Libya by any Japanese company.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Bets on New US Turbomachinery Demand (Feb 17)
- Shell-Led Group Delays Decision On Canada Gas Export Plan (Jul 12)
- Japanese Banks Expand To Ranks of World's Biggest Energy Lenders (Jun 09)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Japan Exploration (Japex) more info
- Japex To Keep Canada Oil Sands Ops Idle After Fire Due To Low Prices (May 12)
- JAPEX Engages Aonex for Construction of Japan's Soma LNG Terminal (Jul 09)
- MedcoEnergi Inks Agreement to Sell Gas from Aceh's Block A to Pertamina (Jan 28)