Heerema Marine Wins Ekofisk Decommissioning Work from ConocoPhillips
Heerema Marine Contractors has received a letter of intent from ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS pertaining to the first series of structures removal and decommissioning from the Greater Ekofisk Area.
The project scope includes the removal of the Albuskjell 1/6 A and 2/4 F, Cod and Edda flare platforms and associated bridges from Greater Ekofisk as well as the two 2/4 P modules and the north flare associated bridges, bridge supports and flare from the Ekofisk Complex.
The majority of the work will be carried out using the Hermod in 2007. Some early work and the dynamically positioned operations on the Ekofisk Complex will require Thialf support in other years.
Onshore decommissioning and recycling will be carried out by our dedicated subcontractor AF Gruppen in Norway.
This marks the largest single decommissioning contract to HMC to date and HMC sees it as a stepping stone to further projects on the horizon.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Heerema more info
- Heerema Secures Services Contract for Culzean (Sep 03)
- KBR Wins Design Contract for Heerema Vessel (Feb 05)
- HMC Awarded Removal of Ekofisk Platforms for Recycling (Mar 06)