ARC Energy Spuds Bartsia 1 Exploration Well
ARC Energy has spud the exploration well Bartsia 1 located in the onshore Perth Basin Production License L2 with the Century 11 rig.
The top of the primary objective Dongara Sandstone is prognosed to be intersected at approximately 2,132 meters measured depth. The proposed total depth of the well is 2,560 meters measured depth. The well is expected to take approximately 17 days to reach its primary objective.
Participants in L1 and L2 (excluding the Dongara, Mondarra and Yardarino fields) and Bartsia 1 are ARC Energy Limited as operator with 50% and Origin Energy Developments Pty Ltd with the remaining 50%.
Managing Director's comment:
"Bartsia is the next well in the oil exploration program to be drilled after the recent Evandra 1 oil discovery. Additional oil exploration wells, are expected to follow Bartsia as the results of the Denison 3D and the reprocessing and integration of the Hovea and Hibbertia data sets is completed."
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)