Awilco Offshore Exercises Option for Fifth Jackup
Awilco Offshore has exercised an option with PPL to build a 375' jackup with a rated drilling depth of 30,000 ft.
The rig is to be delivered end fourth quarter 2007 and has a delivered cost of US $144 million. Delivered cost includes yard price, site supervision, pipe handling equipment, spare parts and finance costs during construction.
Awilco Offshore expects to finance the rig with bank debt and internal funds, i.e. without raising further equity.
Awilco Offshore now has five ultra premium jackup drilling rigs under construction with options to build another three units. In addition the company has two accommodation units currently working in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)