Apache Drills Duster with Kew-1 Exploration Well
The Kew-1 exploration well which was spudded earlier this week by the Ensco 67 rig came up dry. The well is located in TL/9 offshore Australia and was drilled to a total depth of 1,865 meters measured depth without encountering any hydrocarbons. Kew-1 is currently being plugged and abandoned.
The Kew-1 well was a vertical well designed to test a four-way dip closed depositional mound within the Flag Sandstone and intersected the targets on prognosis, however no hydrocarbon shows were detected. The results of this well have upgraded the potential for additional oil traps in the vicinity. This potential will be investigated further over the coming months.
The well is to be plugged and abandoned. Weather permitting, the Ensco-67 will move to the Kultarr-1 location in WA-334-P.
TL/9 Joint Venture participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Tap Oil with 12.2229%; Kufpec with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: ENSCO International Incorporated more info
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)