Aker Kvaerner Awarded Subsea Umbilical Contract by Technip
Aker Kvaerner Subsea has been awarded the contract for supply and manufacturing of steel tube umbilicals from Technip Offshore Norge a.s for the Hydro's development of the Fram Øst and Vilje Subsea Project in the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The contract value for both projects is approximately NOK 103 million.
Aker Kvaerner Subsea will deliver engineering, procurement and construction of steel tube umbilicals and associated equipments. The Fram Øst umbilical, which is tie-back to the Troll C platform, is approximately 20 km in lengths including both dynamic and static cross section.
The Vilje umbilical is a static umbilical and will be tied-back to the riser base at the Marathon's Alvheim FPSO.
Design, engineering, procurement and project management will take place at the Lysaker office. The manufacturing will be at the purpose built umbilical plant in Moss. Delivery of the two umbilical projects will be May-June 2006.
The North Sea is an important market for Aker Kvaerner Subsea and with this contract we show our position in this market segment.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)