The Deck Facility on Ekofisk 2/4 M is Put to Use
Norways's Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) has granted ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS its consent to use the deck facility on Ekofisk 2/4 M.
Ekofisk 2/4 M is a combined process, riser and wellhead installation connected by bridge to 2/4 J.
The facility has 30 well slots and a process facility for production separation, test separation and processing of produced water.
The installation will normally be unmanned and remote controlled from 2/4 J.
The use of 2/4 M will lead to increased production from the reservoir. The installation has an estimated lifetime of 30 years.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)