PSA Gives Okay to Use West Navigator on Ormen Lange
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has granted Norsk Hydro ASA its consent to use the West Navigator for production drilling and completion of wells on Ormen Lange.
The consent applies to
- drilling of 8 production wells.
- completion and cleaning of 8 wells.
- testing of one well.
- installation of 8 conductors for the next drilling phase.
Norsk Hydro, as operator on Ormen Lange, is responsible for the drilling activity. The drilling activity is being led by A/S Norske Shell on behalf of the licensees in the relevant production licenses. According to plan, the drilling will start during November 2005.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Smedvig ASA more info
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Endeavour Enters $40 Million Strategic Investment with Smedvig (Dec 26)
- Smedvig is History, from Today It's Seadrill (Jun 01)