Woodside Says the Tevet-2 Well is Drilling Ahead
The Tevét-2 well, located offshore Mauritania, was spudded on September 16th by the Stena Tay and has been drilled to a depth of 1,510 meters where casing has been set.
The Tevét-2 well is located 2.5km to the south of the discovery well Tevét-1, in a water depth of 466 meters. The Tevét-2 well is a combined exploration and appraisal well to both appraise the Tevét discovery and target a deeper exploration prospect beneath the Tevét Miocene reservoir. The planned total depth of the well is approximately 3,965 meters.
Preparations are now underway to drill ahead to the shallower of two objectives.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)