Gazprom Shortlists Statoil for Shtokman Project
Gazprom says that Statoil is one of the companies with which Gazprom wants to negotiate on participation in developing the Shtokman gas field in the Barents Sea.
A number of international companies submitted development proposals for the Shtokman field to Gazprom during the spring.
Statoil presented its proposals, with five possible development solutions, at the end of April. These have been assessed by Gazprom and the company now wishes to cooperate further with Statoil before a final decision is taken on which companies will become part of the Shtokman partnership.
"We are pleased that Gazprom wants to continue collaboration with Statoil in connection with Shtokman," says Peter Mellbye, executive vice president for International Exploration & Production.
"Developing Shtokman will be an exciting challenge, both technologically and commercially, and we are keen to take part," Mr. Mellbye adds.
"Statoil wants to be involved in the entire value chain, from field development to landfall, LNG facility, shipping and marketing. We will now continue the good cooperation with Gazprom which we have enjoyed so far.
"Our goal is to be one of the companies Gazprom chooses as partners in the development project."
Gazprom announced earlier that it plans to make its choice of partners for the Shtokman development before the end of this year.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)