Harriet JV Provides Progress Report on Current Exploration Wells
Lansdowne-1 – Exploration Well
The Lansdowne-1 exploration well was spudded earlier this month and is currently drilling ahead. The well is expected to reach a total depth of 3,815 meters measured depth.
Lansdowne-1 is located in TL/6 and is being drilled from a surface location approximately 5 kilometers south of the Agincourt Platform. The bottom hole objective location lies approximately 2.8 kilometers north east of the surface location.
The Lansdowne-1 exploration well is a deviated well, designed to establish if hydrocarbons are present within structural closure of the Double Island and Flag reservoirs. The well is expected to take 3-4 days to reach total depth and is the first well to be drilled with the Ensco-67 after a major re-fit in Singapore. If successful, a development well will subsequently be drilled from the existing Harriet Joint Venture South Plato Platform for immediate production.
Artreus-1 - Exploration Well
Artreus-1 earlier this month and is currently at 3,200 meters with a projected total depth of 4,092 meters measured depth. The well is located in TL/6 and is being drilled from the existing Harriet Joint Venture Agincourt Platform. The bottom hole objective location lies approximately 2.8 kilometers southeast of the surface location.
Artreus-1 is a deviated well to test for hydrocarbons in a structural closure of the Flag Sandstone reservoir. As with Lansdowne-1, success in this well would result in almost immediate incremental production.
Bambra-7H - Development Well
Bambra-7H is a deviated well currently at 1,700 meters with a projected total depth of 6,675 meters measured depth. The well is located in TL/1 and is being drilled from the existing Harriet Joint Venture Harriet Bravo Platform. The bottom hole objective location lies approximately 4.9 kilometers northwest of the surface location.
The Bambra-7H development well is designed as a long-reach, dual lateral horizontal oil producer to develop the oil and gas reserves in the Bambra Field, discovered by Bambra-2 in 1983. First production is expected by late October 2005.
TL/1 & TL/6 Joint Venture Participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 68.5%; Tap Oil with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)