BJ Tubular Services Completes Well Services Operation in Qatar
BJ Tubular Services has successfully completed an integrated services contract for Qatar Shell GTL Ltd operated by ENSCO to provide a range of well services for the Pearl GTL project in Qatar. The four-month contract required BJ Tubular Services to carry out casing and tubing running services for two wells on Shell's development in the North Field at NSF-1 offshore Qatar in support of the Gas to Liquids (GTL) project.
BJ Tubular Services was retained to provide tubular running services. The casing and tubing running specialist successfully ran 30" casing using belt tongs without incident, as well as 13-3/8", 9-5/8", 7" tubulars and DST tools. In addition, a special flush-mounted spider was used in conjunction with its state-of-the-art energised Fill-and-Circulate (FAC) system to run the 20" casing.
In addition, BJ Services' Well Services –Middle East Region supplied Liquid Stone® cement technology, a delayed setting premix of cement slurry which allows precise formulation and confirmation testing of the cement system well in advance of the service operations.
The operation was carried out by BJ Tubular Services for ENSCO on behalf of Qatar Shell GTL Ltd with support services provided by BJ Tubular Services base in Qatar, and dedicated personnel and state-of-the-art equipment based at the division's facilities in Saudi Arabia and Dubai.
Qatar Contract a First
"Although this was the first time BJ Tubular Services worked with ENSCO on behalf of Qatar Shell GTL Ltd in Qatar, we have worked consistently throughout the North Sea, Europe and Africa with Shell as the primary contract holder," said Kenny Watt, general manager of BJ Tubular Services. "Given the importance of the North Field development, we were acutely aware that the casing and tubing running operation would be critical to the future performance of the entire project. I'm happy to report that we brought all of our experience and technology to bear to make this operation a success," he added.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)