Black Rock Oil & Gas Awarded Two North Sea Licenses
Black Rock Oil & Gas has been offered the award of the eastern part of Central North Sea exploration block 22/8a, with its partner Carrizo Oil & Gas in the 23rd Round of Offshore Licensing.
Black Rock has a 15% interest in the block, Carrizo being the Operator. The award is a "Traditional Seaward Production license" and, under the terms of the award, Carrizo and Black Rock are committed to purchasing seismic data to evaluate the hydrocarbon potential of the acreage, after which there is a "drill or drop" commitment
Commenting on the award of the Block, Ivan Burgess, Managing Director of Black Rock, said:
'The award of this exploration block demonstrates the benefits of teaming up with a more established player in what has been a highly competitive process.
It represents a significant addition to Black Rock's exciting portfolio of UK offshore
- Carrizo O&G Tags $500M for 2013 Capex (Jan 15)
- India State Cos Acquire 30% Stake in Carrizo's Shale Asset (Oct 04)
- Carrizo Sells Portion of Barnett Shale Assets for $190M (Mar 16)
Company: Black Rock Oil & Gas more info
- Black Rock Oil & Gas Terminates Offer Talks with Third Parties (Dec 10)
- Black Rock Seeks Merger Opportunities (Jul 07)
- Black Rock Announced Disposal of R3 Retention Lease in Australia (Jun 16)