Ultra-Deepwater Drillship Ordered by Stena Drilling
Samsung Heavy Industries has received an order from Stena Drilling for the construction of an ultra-deepwater drillship. The rig will be built at Samsung's Koje Shipyard in South Korea at a cost of approximately US $600 million.
The Stena DrillMAX will be a dynamically-positioned rig capable of working in water depths of 10,000 feet. The rig will also be capable of working in harsh environments such and the Norwegian Sea and Barents Sea.
The rig scheduled to be delivered at the end of 2007.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)