Eni Inks Exploration Deal with ONGC
Eni and ONGC signed a memorandum of understanding establishing mutual cooperation between the companies aimed at finding new exploration and production opportunities.
The agreement follows Eni's recent entry in India with the award of two operated exploration blocks (Block 8 and Block D-6, awarded in July 2005) respectively located onshore Rajasthan, and deepwater in the Indian Ocean, some 130 km west of the Andaman Islands. Under the agreement, the companies will exchange information on a range of deepwater exploration opportunities in India and in other countries, with a view to exchanging equity interests in selected upstream and midstream projects.
"This agreement will speed up development of our activities in India, a country we consider as high-potential exploration area, through cooperation with a highly reputable international partner", said Paolo Scaroni, CEO of Eni. "The cooperation between Eni and ONGC will provide the Indian company international expansion opportunities and access to deepwater technological know-how developed by Eni in challenging operating environments".
Operates 37 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)