Aban Loyd Chiles Completes Acquisition of Rowan Texas
Aban Loyd Chiles Offshore Ltd has completed acquisition of the Rowan Companies' jackup, Rowan Texas on September 2, 2005. The rig will be renamed the Aban VII.
The sale price of the LeTourneau 52-class jackup rig is approximately $45 million in cash, after selling expenses.
The Rowan Texas is one of Rowan's first jackup rigs, having been delivered in 1973. The rig is one of the oldest LeTourneau units still performing as originally designed -- drilling wells to depths of up to 20,000 feet. For most of its 32-year history, the Rowan Texas has operated on the Outer Continental Shelf in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Aban Offshore more info
Manages 17 Offshore Rigs
- Aban Offshore Bags $87M Contract to Provide Aban Abraham Drillship to ONGC (Jun 28)
- Aban Offshore Inks Deal to Provide Aban II to ONGC for $50M (Oct 27)
- Aban Offshore Clinches $182.7M Deals to Supply 2 Jackups to ONGC (Oct 13)