Jane-2 Well to be Plugged and Abandoned
Tap Oil reports that the Jane-2 well, located in TL/6 offshore Australia, will be plugged and abandoned as the hydrocarbon column found is too small for commercial development.
The well was drilled to a total depth of 2,550 meters measured depth. Good reservoir sandstones were found in the target Flag Sandstone containing an 11-meter hydrocarbon column comprising 8 meters of gas overlying a 3-metreroil leg.
The next Tap well immediately following the abandonment of Jane-2 will be Kultarr-1 which is located in WA-334-P.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Tap Oil Limited with 12.2229%; Apache Northwest Pty Ltd as operator with 68.5%; and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 19.2771%
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)