Major SESAM Contract in China for DNV
DNV Software has secured a 2.7 MNOK SESAM contract with the China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) for Deepwater Field Developments.
SESAM is a comprehensive software system for structural and hydrodynamic analysis tailored for the offshore and maritime industries. The contract with CNOOC is the third in a year, representing an important strategic investment for the Chinese oil company's deepwater field developments in the South China Sea.
"SESAM has rapidly become the market leading software solution for design of floating offshore installations in China", says Øystein Goksøyr, Regional Manager for DNV Software Greater China. "Chinese industry is acknowledging Norway's and DNV's high expertise in deep water field developments and they understand that much of our know-how is built into the software applications."
China's search for oil and gas supplies to meet their increasing demand has speeded up their domestic exploration including high tech deep water developments in the South China Sea. CNOOC are now in the process of early design evaluations of the deep water installations. Their goal is to have first oil in five years.
"The contract positions DNV well for further involvements in these projects and I'm expecting the other major oil companies in China to follow CNOOC's choice of SESAM in near future" says Goksøyr.
- DNV's New Jackup Rule Book Hits the Street (May 01)
- DNV Publishes Guideline to Reduce Downtime Caused by Software (Sep 10)
- DNV Improving Fiber-Mooring Design Practices (May 07)
Company: CNOOC more info
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)