J. Ray McDermott Awarded Saudi Aramco Project
J. Ray McDermott has been awarded work by Saudi Aramco to provide fabrication and installation for the Marjan, Zuluf, Safaniya oil field facilities.
"This is a significant contract award for us and we are pleased to have the opportunity to further expand our strong working relationship with Saudi Aramco, which dates back to the 1960's," said Bob Deason, President and Chief Operating Officer of J. Ray. "J. Ray has already begun work on the project to ensure we meet our customer's requirements on this phase of the Maintain Potential program."
J. Ray, utilizing its Jebel Ali fabrication facility, will commence construction engineering, partial procurement and fabrication of five wellhead jackets totaling over 6,710 short tons, five drill decks totaling over 2,200 short tons, and three scrapper decks averaging 630 short tons each. Additionally, the work scope includes offshore installation of 13 miles of subsea pipelines including one 24" and four 16" flow lines in waters 49-170 feet deep, tie-in-pools, anode sled assemblies and associated cables; risers and two subsea power cables totaling more than 4 miles in length. Installation work is expected to be executed using J. Ray's DB27 marine vessel.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Tellurian Set to Boost Louisiana Gas Holdings Tenfold (Jan 16)
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)