Antrim to Drill Central North Sea Bennachie Prospect
Antrim Energy has received notice from the operator, Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited, that drilling is expected to commence in the UK North Sea Block 21/15a ("Bennachie") in October 2005. Nexen has contracted Transoceans's semisub, Transocean John Shaw, for the operation. Under the terms of a previously announced Farm-in Agreement, Antrim will earn a 25% working interest in the license, including the original discovery well, by participating in this well.
The Bennachie well will target the Jurassic Fulmar Sandstone
approximately 1.5 kms from the original Bennachie discovery well
21/15a-2, which tested high quality 39 degree API oil at a stabilized
rate of 4,364 barrels per day and 2.67 MMcf/d of associated gas.
Drilling costs (100%) are expected to be approximately Pounds Sterling
7.7MM (Cdn. $16.7 MM).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)