Origin Energy Makes Discovery Tarantula 1 Sidetrack
Origin Energy reports that the gas exploration well Tarantula 1 Sidetrack 1 located in the onshore Perth Basin Production License L11 has been flowed to clean up prior to being connected to the Beharra Springs Gas Plant.
The well flowed at an estimated rate of 35 million cubic feet per day through a 44/64 inch choke at a flowing pressure of 2990 psi. As no separator was on site for the clean up flow these flow rates are approximate and no estimation of liquid content is available. This flow rate is among the largest yet recorded onshore in Australia.
Pressures recorded during the clean up and prior to completion of the well confirm that the Tarantula prospect is a new field discovery and not in communication with either the Beharra Springs North or Beharra Springs gas fields further to the south.
The well will now remain shut-in until it is connected to the Beharra Springs Gas Plant over the coming month.
Tarantula 1ST1 is located approximately 6.5 kilometers north of the Beharra Springs gas processing plant.
Participants in L11 and Tarantula 1 are Origin Energy Developments Pty Limited as operator with 67.00% and ARC Energy Limited with 33.00%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)