Smedvig Secures New Contract for T-9 in Malaysia
The tender rig T-9, in which Smedvig owns 49 percent, has been awarded a three-year contract extension by ExxonMobil in Malaysia for production drilling work.
Commencement of operations is scheduled in mid-January 2006, in direct continuation of the existing contract. The estimated contract value is approximately US $66 million. ExxonMobil has the right to terminate the contract after one year.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Smedvig ASA more info
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Endeavour Enters $40 Million Strategic Investment with Smedvig (Dec 26)
- Smedvig is History, from Today It's Seadrill (Jun 01)