Apache's Mohave Well Boosts Australian Oil Production
Apache reports that its Mohave-1H new-field discovery in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Western Australia is on stream. Part of Apache's 2005 program to increase Lower-Cretaceous Flag Sandstone oil production, the well is flowing 10,690 barrels of oil per day from a 398-foot horizontal interval.
The Mohave field is located in 26 feet of water approximately 4.5 miles southeast of Apache's Varanus Island production hub. The discovery, the most recent in this year's 44-well exploration and development program, encountered an oil column of 42 net feet. It was then sidetracked horizontally before being completed and brought on production.
"Development of new oil production from the Flag Sandstone is a key component of Apache's 2005 Australian drilling program," said Eve Howell, regional vice president and managing director of the company's Australian operations. "Proximity to existing Varanus Island infrastructure and our ability to fully develop the field with a single horizontal well enhance the economics of this project."
The Mohave field is part of the Harriet Joint Venture, which Apache
operates with a 68.5 percent interest. Its partners are Kufpec with 19.3
percent and Tap Oil with 12.2 percent.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)