Harriet JV Drills Says Stuart-1 Exploration Well a Duster
Tap Oil reports that the Stuart-1 exploration well located in the Harriet Joint Venture Permit TL/6 offshore Australia will be plugged and abandoned. The well has reached total depth of 2,974 meters measured depth and good reservoir sandstones were intersected at the top of the Flag Sandstone, however, no hydrocarbons were encountered.
The Stuart prospect lies in a similar geological setting to the previous successful oil discovery at Mohave-1. The Stuart-1 well came in close to prognosis and the reasons for failure of the well to find hydrocarbons is uncertain at this time. The Ensco 106 jackup will now briefly depart the HJV.
The next wells in the HJV drilling program will be Jane-2 to be drilled with the Ensco 56 jackup anticipated mid August and Lansdowne-1 to be drilled with the Ensco 67 jackup anticipated in the third week of August.
Harriet Joint Venture Participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 68.5%; Tap Oil with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: ENSCO International Incorporated more info
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)