PetroWorld Starts Gulf of Thailand Drilling Operations
LONDON, Jul 25, 2005 (Dow Jones Commodities News via Comtex)
PetroWorld Corp said Monday that it has commenced drilling operations in the Gulf of Thailand.
The company said it has started drilling operations in Block G5/43, located in the Gulf of Thailand using the ENSCO 57 jackup rig.
Two wells, Bua Ban-2 and Bua Ban-3 will be drilled on the Bua Ban structure, one of several prospects that were originally drilled by Premier Oil plc between 1988-1996 and discovered oil in the Lower Oligocene section.
Drilling operations will be conducted by NuCoastal (Thailand) Limited, operator of the block, and will attempt to verify the extent of the original discovery in terms of potential recoverable reserves.
The wells will be drilled deviated from a single surface location, with total measured depths expected to be approximately 9,570 ft and 9659 ft., respectively, and drilling of both wells is estimated to take 30 days to drill and test.
PWC acquired a 50% equity interest in Block G5/43 by contributing $5 million towards the drilling and testing of the two appraisal wells.
Costs in excess of this contribution will be met 50:50 by PetroWorld and NuCoastal (Thailand) Limited.
Copyright (c) 2005 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: PetroWorld more info
- PetroWorld Reports Net Loss for 2Q06 (Aug 30)
- PetroWorld to Raise $40 Million in Stock Offering (Aug 04)
- PetroWorld Seeking Shareholder Approval for NuCoastal Acquisition (Jul 28)
Company: NuCoastal more info
- Atwood Awarded Contract Extension for Vicksburg (Apr 26)
- Nucoastal Extends Contract for Atwood Vicksburg (Apr 15)
- Atwood Notes Richmond, Vicksburg Rig Contracts (Jan 20)