Statoil Gets Okay for Major Modifications at Gullfaks A
Statoil wants to carry out a number of modifications on the facility Gullfaks A (GFA). The objective of the activity is to remove H2S as a production-limiting factor in order to allow full utilization of the facility's existing gas handling capacity. The PSA has given a consent to major modifications pursuant to Section 5, litra e, of the Information Duty Regulations.
The activity entails, among other things, manufacturing of a separator, lifting in and installation on GFA, installation of structural reinforcements, new pipelines, valves, detectors and safety-related equipment.
Handover of the modification to GFA operations is planned for December 2006.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)