PTTEP & Mitsui Moving Ahead with Acquisition of Blocks B8/32 and 9A
Earlier this year PTTEP and Mitsui agreed to jointly acquire 100% shares of Thaipo Limited, and 46.34% shares of B8/32 Partners Limited from Pogo Overseas Production B.V. and Pogo Producing Company covering Petroleum Concession Block B8/32 and 9A in the Gulf of Thailand.
PTTEP reports that the existing partners, namely Chevron Offshore (Thailand) Limited and Palangsophon Two Company Limited (PSTL), waived the First Right of Refusal under the Joint Operating Agreement. Buyers will proceed with the closing of the acquisition after the approval is granted by the Thai government.
However, in exchange for the waiver of the First Right of Refusal by PSTL, the Buyers have agreed to sell 10% of the acquired Pogo group's assets to PSTL, in the amount of approximately US $82 million. The participation in Petroleum Concession Blocks B8/32 and 9A will finally be Chevron (the Operator) 51.66%, PTTEPO 25.00%, Mitsui Oil Exploration Co., Ltd. 16.71%, and PSTL 6.63%. As a result, PTTEP's Proved Reserves will increase by approximately 52 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMBOE).
- PXP and Pogo Report Results of Elections for Merger Consideration (Nov 06)
- Pogo Reports Loss of $45 Million in 3Q 2007 (Oct 25)
- Pogo Loses Friend & Colleague, Jerry A. Cooper (Oct 24)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
- Chevron Expects LNG Supply Shortage By 2025 (Mar 06)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)