Statoil Awards Major ROV Contracts
Contracts and frame agreements relating to the use of remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs) with a total value of around NOK 1.8 billion have been awarded by Statoil to four companies.
Oceaneering has secured a three-year contract with three options for two-year extensions – making a potential total of nine years – to provide ROV services on Heidrun in the Norwegian Sea.
A similar three-year contract, with three options for two-year extensions, has been awarded to Subsea7 for providing the same type of services on the Visund field in the North Sea.
The estimated value of these two assignments, including options, is NOK 150 million and about NOK 200 million respectively.
Statoil has also concluded frame agreements with Oceaneering, Subsea 7, Sonsub and DeepOcean for ROV services on mobile drilling rigs.
These deals again run for three years with options for three two-year extensions, reports procurement manager Lars Falnes in Statoil's drilling and well technology unit.
They have a total estimated value of close to NOK 1.5 billion over the full nine-year period.
Statoil has utilized ROVs in its drilling and well operations over a number of years.
- Sonsub's Bar Protector Reaches Milestone Safety Achievment (Oct 15)
- Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development (Jun 05)
- Sonsub Snags Third Extension for IRM Project in Mediterranean Sea (Jun 05)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Statoil Has Room To Grow More In North Dakota's Bakken (Mar 06)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: DeepOcean more info
- DeepOcean Awarded Petrobras Contract (Jan 16)
- DeepOcean Board Recommends Trico Buyout Offer (Jun 24)
- Trico Buys Up DOF's Shares of DeepOcean (Jun 13)