Harriet JV Spuds Mohave-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil reports that the Mohave-1 exploration well spudded on July 10, 2005 by the Ensco 106 jackup. The well is located in the Harriet Joint Venture Permit, TL/6, and is being drilled from the Victoria Platform, as a sidetrack of the North Pedirka-1 borehole. The objective lies approximately 1.9 kilometers to the northeast of the platform. The well is currently drilling ahead and will continue to drill to the planned deviated total depth of 2,900 meters.
The Mohave-1 exploration well is designed to evaluate a small Flag Sandstone prospect on trend with the North Pedirka Oil Field.
Mohave-1 is expected to take 5 days to reach its programmed total depth of 2,900 meters Measured Depth. If successful, the Mohave-1 well will be quickly brought onto production from the existing facilities on the Victoria Platform.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Tap with 12.2229% and Kufpec with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)