Elixir Petroleum Finalizes Jaguar Farmout Agreement
Elixir Petroleum reports that the farmout agreement covering the Company's Block 211/22b to DNO has been finalized and signed.
This Northern North Sea block hosts the large Upper and Middle Jurassic Jaguar prospect, which if hydrocarbon-bearing, has the potential to contain reserves of several hundred millions barrels of oil.
As announced earlier, DNO will secure a 60% interest in Block 211/22b by funding 92.5% of the costs of drilling an exploration well on Jaguar. Elixir will retain a final 40% interest in the block.
A well is expected to be drilled potentially during the first half of 2006.
Elixir is very pleased with the opportunity to partner a company of the caliber
of DNO in such an exciting prospect as Jaguar.
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Elixir Petroleum more info
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)