Casino-5 Well Suspended for Future Production
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited, on behalf of its wholly owned subsidiary Peedamullah Petroleum Pty Ltd reports that operations at the Casino-5 well, located in VIC/L 24, were preparing to suspend the well for future production operations.
During the clean-up flow period, the well flowed at a maximum rate of 43 million cubic feet of gas per day, with a flowing tubing head pressure of 2,372 pounds per square inch through a 60/64" choke. The flow rates were limited by the surface facilities. The flowing pressure and rate measured during the clean-up flow are in line with expectations.
The Casino-5 development well is located approximately 150 meters west of the Casino-2 well. Casino-5 is the second of a three-well drilling program in VIC/L 24 and VIC/P 44. Following completion of activities at Casino-5, the rig will move to drill the Henry-1 exploration well, located approximately 8 kilometers north west of the Casino gas field.
Participants in VIC/L 24 are Peedamullah Petroleum Pty Ltd (AWE) with 25.0%; Santos Limited as the operator with 50.0%; Mittwell Energy Resources Pty Ltd with 25.0%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)