Smedvig to Acquire Keppel's Stake in West Setia
Smedvig has informed Keppel FELS in Singapore of its intention to exercise the Company's option to purchase the shipyard's 72 percent ownership interest in the semisubmersible tender rig West Setia, which is under construction.
The agreed purchase price for the shipyards ownership interests is approximately US$ 65 million. The intention is to exercise the option at delivery currently scheduled for August 2005. The acquisition will increase Smedvig's ownership interest in the unit to 100 percent corresponding to a total capital expenditure for the unit of approximately US$ 94 million. West Setia is expected to commence operations for Brunei Shell subsequent to delivery.
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Endeavour Enters $40 Million Strategic Investment with Smedvig (Dec 26)
- Smedvig is History, from Today It's Seadrill (Jun 01)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)